The Avdel Briv® Speed Fastening® System have a bulbed tail providing consistent high clamp and shear, making it ideal for assembling many materials including metal, plastic and aluminum alloy. With easy installation and lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivet, this speed riveting system is extensively used for light fabrication needs.
Key features and benefits
- Bulbed tail and foreshortening of the fastener during installation ensures high clamp
- Bulbed tail and large headform provide a large bearing area for soft materials
- Tapered tail for ease of hole entry
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets
- Hot tin dipped brass option for ease of soldering and good electrical continuity
- Stainless Steel option for applications subject to high temperatures or corrosion
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment
The Avdel Briv® fasteners are available in aluminium, steel, stainless steel and brass. They are available in sizes 2.4 – 6.0 millimetre diameters and in dome or countersunk head forms.