The Avdel Chobert® speed fastener has been an important part of Avdel since the 1930’s when it was used in the renowned Spitfire. The Chobert Speed Fastening® system provides consistent controlled clamp, ideal for soft or brittle materials. The light clamp of the Chobert rivet makes it ideal for use as a pivot pin or hose tail.
Key features and benefits
- Internally tapered bore ensures consistent light clamp to reduce potential damage to soft or brittle materials
- Expands radially during installation to ensure maximum hole fill
- Lower in-place costs than welding or nail rivets
- Ideal pivot pin or hose tail
- Hot tin dipped brass option for ease of soldering and good electrical continuity
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment
The Avdel Chobert® fastener is available in aluminium, steel and brass, in dome, 120º countersunk and low profile head forms. They are available in 2.4 – 6.4 millimeter diameters.