Reliable thin sheet metal joints
The reliable assembly of thin sheets with pilot holes has always presented a problem for removable joints. For sheets thicker than 1 mm it used to be possible to apply common sheet metal screws but an increasing reduction of sheet thickness, due to the cost saving potentials, prevents this today. EJOT now developed a secure solution for the process reliable assembly of pre-punched sheet metal joints with less 1,5 mm thickness, the self-tapping EJOT SHEETtracs® screw. This fastening element also supports the implementation of individual light weight desing strategies. For a example a reduction of the sheet thickness of casing walls of “white goods” became possible with the SHEETtracs® – an important factor for the weight and also cost optimisation of this product category.
- High strength of the screw joint due to the formed draught
- High vibration resistance
- Simple and safe assembly due to good alignment and low installation torque
- High stripping torque due to a robust female thread
- Circular thread cross section for maximised thread engagement
- Metric compatibility