The Avdel Rivscrew® Speed Fastening® system is a threaded, removable speed fastener that combines the speed of rivet placement with the benefits of being able to remove and re-fasten. Using a Rivscrew rivet removes the need for costly tapping or thread forming operation whilst creating a higher vibration resistant ‘thread lock’ compared to standard screws.
Key features and benefits
- Expands radially during installation to form a thread in host material
- Removable for servicing with a hex key and reusable
- Various lengths available providing high clamp loads
- Placed using a hexagon mandrel which expands the threaded diameter radially, adjacent to its six corners.
- Providing a higher vibration resistant “thread lock” in the parent material compared to standard screws
- Can be used to fasten most materials up to Vickers hardness 105 Hv5
- Eliminates the need for costly tapping or thread-forming operations
- Bright tin plated steel option for ease of soldering and increase electrical conductivity
- Placed using a unique repetition mandrel system for high speed assembly
- Can be bowl fed for larger volume applications using automated equipment