When tightened, the body collapses to form four legs which grip the inside of the mounting surface, leaving a permanent, reusable threaded insert. Jack nuts are ideal for installing a strong captive steel thread into materials which would be unsuitable for other techniques, or where the hole is too large for the thread you wish to use.
Features and benefits:
- Fastens in blind holes
- Won’t distort or deform soft plastics or thin sheet metals
- Fast, inexpensive, and easy to use
- Not hole-size sensitive
- Fastens securely despite burrs or uneven substrate
- Suitable for a wide grip range
- Can be set with manual or pneumatic tools
Jack Nuts are suitable for the following materials:
- Any rigid thick material and blind holes where a rivet nut is either out of grip or cannot get a purchase.
- Wood, chipboard, particle board, hardboard, MDF and almost any other wood product.
- Glass reinforced plastics (GRP) .
- Most rigid plastics (PVC, polythene, polypropylene etc, etc)
- Ceramics and glass.