The Avdel Versa-Nut® insert is a wide grip range threaded insert, which provides an extra-large blind side bearing area when placed. Specifically designed for use in soft materials, plastics and composites. With up to twice the grip range of standard blind inserts the Versa-Nut rivet nut enables a reduction in the number of fasteners in an assembly.
Key features and benefits
- Installed quickly by using simple hand tools (less than 3 seconds)
- Require only blind side access
- Extra large blind side bearing area after placing
- Higher pull out and torque-to-turn resistance
- Less radial loading of holes in brittle materials
- Less risk of cracking and de-lamination of composites
- Up to twice the grip range of standard blind inserts
- Enables a designer to reduce the size or number of fasteners in an assembly
- Covers large variations of thicknesses
The Avdel Versa-Nut® is available with a large flange head, in steel. Available in sizes M4 – M8.