The Avdel Avdelmate® rivet is a two-piece wide-grip, breakstem fastener suitable for a range of applications in soft, thin sheet and brittle materials. The Avdelmate fastener brand is a new extension to the Avdel rivet portfolio that provides a targeted solution in certain niche market applications. Avdelmate fasteners provide a secure clamp without crushing the parent material and good hole fill due to the radially expanded rivet body. This makes the Avdelmate fastener ideal for stadium seating, furniture, playground equipment and racking applications.
The Avdel Avdelmate is available in steel, aluminium and aluminium body with steel mandrel. Available in a dome head in sizes 4.8 and 6.4 diameters. Ideal for use in thin sheet, soft, brittle or low strength materials, Avdelmate® can be used to fasten: metal to metal, plastic to plastic, metal to plastic, metal rear sheet and various composite materials.
Key features and benefits
- Extra-wide grip range from 15.8 mm to 98.4 mm (5/8″ to 3-7/8″)
- Large bearing area against both sides of the application spreads the tail bearing load/clamp load on the rear sheet to prevent damage
- Clamps tightly and securely without crushing parent material
- Excellent hole fill via radially expanded rivet body for a strong and vibration resistant joint
- Rivet stem retained in tubular component avoids loose stems
- Low profile headform on both sides of the application for a neat appearance